If your taskbar is not centered on the Windows 11 desktop, try these solutions.
The “windows 11 taskbar glitch” is a problem that has been present for a while. The Windows team has released several solutions to fix the issue.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Following a preview build update, a number of customers have observed that the taskbar in Windows 11 is not centered.
- If you modify any settings or install the most recent version, you should be able to resolve the problem quickly.
- Don’t be afraid to completely reposition the taskbar in order to get a more Windows 10-like experience.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Certain customers have claimed that the taskbar is no longer centered after updating to Windows 11 Insider preview build 22454.
Many faults and mistakes were found, like with every prior build of the new operating system, but none of them were unfixable.
You may use this approach to move the taskbar to the center of the screen until the final version of Windows 11 is released in October.
What are the most recent changes to the taskbar in Windows 11?
Aside from its location, the taskbar saw several modifications in the new OS, many of which were not well welcomed.
The taskbar can only be moved to the left or kept centered, although it may be made translucent to give some design.
Change the settings in the Personalization panel to control the Windows 11 taskbar on multiple monitors.
Another feature seen in Insider builds is the Never combine option in the taskbar settings, which allows you to leave program windows ungrouped.
Those who want certain programs or websites pinned to the taskbar, though, should know that it’s simple to accomplish.
If you prefer a more clean appearance when working or surfing the web, you may totally remove the taskbar by setting the Automatically hide that taskbar option.
While there aren’t many new features in Windows 11, Panos Panay, Chief Product Officer at Windows + Devices, had this to say regarding the taskbar’s functionality:
To boost your productivity and stimulate your creativity, we’ve streamlined the design and user experience. It’s contemporary, fresh, tidy, and lovely. Everything was done with the purpose of putting you in control and bringing a feeling of peace and comfort, from the new Start button and taskbar to each sound, typeface, and icon.
What can I do if the taskbar in Windows 11 isn’t centered?
1. Install preview build 22458.
- From the taskbar, choose the Start icon.
- Make a selection of options.
- Select Windows Update from the drop-down menu.
- Windows 11 will automatically download the newest update if you click the Check for updates icon in the right pane.
- Restart your computer or device.
Because this error is present in preview build 22454.1000, updating to the next version will resolve the problem. If you can’t discover Build 22458, try pausing the search for a week and then restarting it.
2. Revert to an earlier build
- Follow the instructions above until you reach the Windows Update screen.
- Select Advanced settings from the menu.
- Select Recovery from the drop-down menu.
- To remove the current preview version, click the Back button and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Display all icons on the taskbar
- Select Taskbar settings from the context menu by right-clicking on the taskbar.
- To bring all of the taskbar icons to the center, turn on all of the options.
4. Make a left-hand alignment change.
- Right-click the taskbar once again and choose Taskbar settings.
- To expand the Taskbar behaviors, scroll down and click.
- Select Left next to Taskbar Alignment.
Is it possible to modify the size of the taskbar in Windows 11?
Despite the fact that the taskbar’s functionality in Windows 11 is restricted, you may still customize it to your taste.
Using various programs, you can modify the taskbar’s appearance. You may also change the size of the icons by changing a few registry settings.
Although the precise size depends on your screen resolution, you may make the taskbar small, medium, or big by following the instructions below:
- From the taskbar, choose the Search icon.
- As seen in the picture below, type regedit and pick the Registry Editor option.
- Go to HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced in the Registry Editor.
- Select New->DWORD (32-bit) Value from the right-click menu in the right window pane.
- Now right-click on the newly generated variable and choose Rename to give it the name TaskbarSi.
- Choose one of the following values for TaskbarSi by double-clicking it: 0 for small, 1 for medium, or 2 for big.
- To make the change, click OK, shut the registry window, and reboot your device.
How do you feel about the new taskbar’s appearance and functionality? Let us know in the comments box below, and we’ll start a debate.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “windows 11 taskbar left” is a problem that has been present for a while. These are the solutions to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I center the Taskbar in Windows 11?
A: You can right click the taskbar and choose Taskbars > Align to > Center from the menu.
How do I reset the Taskbar in Windows 11?
A: To reset the Taskbar, you can either go into Settings > System and then click on Personalization, or right-click on any open space of the task bar and choose Reset The Taskbar.
Why is my Taskbar not working Windows 11?
A: You are probably missing the special window border that you see on Windows 10. Here is a link to download it, which will work with all major operating systems. https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp?ID=209714654002
- windows 11 center taskbar
- taskbar alignment windows 11
- windows 11 small taskbar bug
- windows 11 taskbar not showing icons
- windows 11 notification panel not working