When I minimize the window, it will still be open.
The “google chrome minimize/maximize/close buttons disappear” is a problem that has been present for a while. This issue is caused by the user changing the window size or position in Windows, causing the window to lose its title bar and minimize button.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
25th of October, 2021
Publish date: July 2020
- Are you bothered by the missing Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons? We have a few of easy solutions for you.
- Try restarting the Desktop Window Manager first. Remove any troublesome third-party apps if you can’t get around this issue.
- Take some time to go over the Chrome Guides area for more comparable advice.
- Bookmark our Windows 10 Troubleshooting Hub to find workable answers to the most common problems.
We propose DriverFix to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will maintain your drivers up to date, ensuring that you are protected against frequent computer issues and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To discover all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To receive fresh versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
Although the user interface of Windows has evolved through time, the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons are still present in every version of Windows.
They’re one of the most significant parts of any Windows user interface. But what happens if these buttons vanish?
Although the Windows interface is straightforward to use, it is not without flaws. When it comes to user interface concerns, customers have reported the following issues:
- Firefox, Chrome, Excel, and Internet Explorer – Close, Minimize, and Maximize buttons are gone. This issue may occur in a variety of programs, including Firefox, Chrome, and others. To solve it, launch the affected program and restore the default settings.
- Minimize and Close buttons have vanished – Several customers have claimed that their PC’s Minimize and Close buttons have vanished. Try out some of our ways to solve this issue.
- Close, Minimize, and Maximize buttons not functioning — Close, Minimize, and Maximize buttons may not operate at all in rare instances. Because a corrupted user profile is the most probable reason, you may need to establish a new user profile.
Don’t worry, there’s a technique to make these symbols accessible again in any event.
If the Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons are gone, what can I do?
1. Open the Desktop Window Manager and restart it.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Locate Desktop Windows Manager in Task Manager, right-click it, and choose End Task.
- The procedure will now be restarted, and the buttons should reappear.
The disappearance of the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons is most likely due to an issue with dwm.exe (Desktop Window Manager), which may be fixed by restarting the process.
But, before we get into the specifics of the solution, let’s have a look at Desktop Window Manager.
The Windows Desktop Window Manager is a system file that controls the visual effects in Windows operating systems.
This procedure, for example, lets you to make your Start Menu translucent, and it also managed the Aero environment in prior Windows editions.
Other User Interface components, such as our missing buttons, are likewise managed by it.
As a result, a mistake in the process’s execution might result in a variety of visual difficulties, including the removal of the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons.
Now that you know which service is causing the issue, all you have to do is restart it, and the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons should appear as they should.
2. Revert to the previous drivers.
- To enter the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- In Device Manager, find your display adapter and double-click it to reveal its properties.
- Click the Roll Back Driver button on the Driver tab.
This issue has been reported by users to be caused by a malfunctioning graphics card driver. If this is the case, we recommend reverting to an earlier version of your graphics card driver.
Keep in mind that the Roll Back Driver option may or may not be accessible at any given time. If this option isn’t accessible, you might try deleting your driver and replacing it with the default driver.
There are a few options, but the most effective is to utilize Display Driver Uninstaller.
If the default drivers aren’t working, try upgrading the graphics card driver to see if it helps.
Please have a look at our simple instruction on how to upgrade your graphics card driver.
3. Double-check that you’re using the default Windows theme.
- Personalize your desktop by right-clicking it.
- The Settings app should now display on your screen. In the left pane, go to the Themes area. Select one of the preset themes in the right pane, such as Windows or Windows 10.
Many people like using custom themes to personalize their Windows, however certain themes may not be entirely compatible with Windows 10.
As a consequence, the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons in Windows may vanish.
This might be a bothersome issue that interferes with your work, but it can be resolved by switching back to a conventional Windows 10 theme.
After that, Windows 10 will revert to its default theme, and the issue should be fixed.
4. Disable any third-party programs that are causing problems.
There are a lot of amazing third-party apps for customizing the appearance of Windows 10. You may use these applications to add additional functions and improve the appearance of Windows 10.
Some third-party programs, on the other hand, might create issues. A third-party program might be at blame if the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons are absent.
Remove any program that enables you to modify the appearance and functionality of your user interface to resolve the problem.
We recommend using uninstaller software to guarantee that the troublesome program is entirely uninstalled.
These programs are useful since they uninstall the required application as well as any related files and registry entries.
If you’re seeking for a decent uninstaller, make sure you use a professional uninstaller tool that can assist you clear up any undesirable leftover files once the removal procedure is completed.
5. Double-check that you’re not in Tablet Mode.
- Click the Action Center icon in the Taskbar to open it. You may also use the Windows Key + A shortcut to launch it fast.
- Now seek for the Tablet Mode option and deactivate it by clicking it. If Tablet Mode isn’t accessible, click Expand first to expose it.
Because Windows 10 is designed for touchscreen devices, it has a specific Tablet Mode that looks like a tablet interface.
Universal applications do not have Minimize, Maximize, or Close buttons present in Tablet Mode.
You must disable Tablet Mode if these buttons are missing. The problem should then be addressed, and the buttons should show once again.
6. Examine the application’s options.
Many users have noted that some apps lack the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons. The program settings are frequently to blame.
Many apps let you alter their user interface, and it’s possible that you’ll accidentally conceal the title bar or these buttons.
If the issue only occurs in certain programs, be sure to launch the affected app and restore the default user interface settings. After that, the issue should be addressed fully.
7. Modify the settings of your graphics card
Your graphics card comes with software that enables you to customize a variety of settings.
This issue, according to users, mainly occurs with AMD graphics cards and is tied to Catalyst Control Center.
According to customers, this problem was caused by their graphics card being set to function in High-Performance mode in Catalyst Control Center.
In Catalyst Control Center, adjust your performance setting from High Performance to Standard Performance to resolve the problem. After that, the problem should be addressed fully.
The Dual Graphics option might potentially be an issue. This option forces your PC to simultaneously utilize both dedicated and integrated graphics.
As a consequence, problems such as missing buttons may arise.
What should you do if Catalyst Control Center is down? The greatest options are listed below.
8. Select Extended as your Project mode.
- To access the Project panel, press Windows Key + P.
- There will be a list of projects shown. Select Extend from the drop-down menu, and the problem should be addressed.
You may be able to switch between multiple distinct Project modes if you’re utilizing a dual monitor configuration.
If any of the standard buttons are missing, you may be able to restore them by switching to Extended Project mode.
This method has been reported to work for many people, so you may want to give it a go.
9. Check to see whether Windows is up to date.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Using the Windows Key + I shortcut, you may do this rapidly.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app after it has opened.
- Click the Check for Updates button in the right pane.
If the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons are missing, according to users, the issue might be caused by a Windows 10 bug. It is recommended that you check for updates and maintain your PC updated to resolve the problem.
Windows 10 will download any missing updates automatically by default, however you may miss an essential update.
You may, however, manually check for updates as mentioned above. Windows will now look for updates that are available.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded in the background automatically.
After utilizing one of our options, the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons should appear.
Please leave any questions or remarks in the comments section, as well as any other possible remedies to this User Interface issue.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 732
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 5 responses to this post.
The “minimize/maximize/close buttons missing chrome windows 7” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue can be fixed by installing the latest version of Chrome.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the minimize button back on Google Chrome?
A: Chrome is a browser that has several different settings. One of which allows you to minimize your browser in order to use other programs while it still remains open, so this would be the setting you need to change in order for the minimize button to appear on Google Chrome.
Why is the minimize button gone on Chrome?
A: Google has removed the minimize button from Chrome, as they have been focused more on what can be done by a user without having to touch any buttons. This change is optional and users are free to switch back if they so choose.
How do I get my Minimize button back?
A: You cant.
- google chrome top right corner missing
- minimize, maximize/close buttons missing windows 10
- restore, minimize, maximize and close buttons
- minimize/maximize/close buttons missing chrome mac
- restore minimize/maximize and close buttons chrome