Many times, being locked out of your laptop leaves you in a tough spot. You may be able to log back in or even recover the data if there is still time left on the clock. But what happens when you are completely locked out? This guide will help walk through how resetting your password without knowing it can help simplify the process and avoid any potential disaster that might happen down the line.
The “how to reset asus laptop to factory settings without password windows 7” is a guide that will teach you how to reset your Asus laptop back to the factory settings. The guide also includes some troubleshooting steps if it doesn’t work for you.
Asus is the first brand that springs to mind when it comes to high-end security measures on a laptop. They are not only recognized for their excellent security system, but they also place a great value on privacy.
Because of their high level of security, regaining access to the laptop after forgetting the log-in password might be a difficult process. Resetting the laptop, on the other hand, may be able to assist you in overcoming this obstacle. We’ll go through how to reset your Asus laptop to factory settings without a password and make things easier for you in this comprehensive tutorial.
So, let’s get started with the techniques for resolving the problem of “how to unlock the Asus laptop forgot password.”
Using Reset this PC, you may restore your Asus laptop to factory settings.
Have you forgotten your Asus laptop’s password? Were you unable to log in because you were trapped on the log-in screen? You may quickly reset your device without checking in with your credentials. Take a look at our step-by-step instructions;
- When you are stopped on the log-in page, the first thing you should do is click the “Power” button.
- Now press and hold the shift key while clicking the “Restart” button on the keyboard.
- When you click the “Restart” button, a new window called “Choose an option” will appear. You must choose the “Troubleshoot” option in that box.
- When you choose “Troubleshoot,” you will be sent to a new screen where you may “Reset this PC.” Wait a few seconds after selecting the choice.
- You’ll be sent to a new page called “Reset this PC,” where you may pick between “keep my data” and “delete everything.” Simply choose the latter option, which will assist you in totally resetting the system.
- Choose “Fully clear the drive” on the following screen since you shouldn’t take any risks with the OS retaining security files. To ensure that the registry does not save any log-in data, you should thoroughly clear the disk.
- The last step is to simply hit “Reset,” which will reset the system to factory defaults. The procedure will take some time, after which you will be able to access your Asus laptop by rebooting it.
Using Windows Recovery to Reset an Asus Laptop to Factory Settings
You’ve forgotten your laptop’s password for whatever reason, but if you still have access to it, you’ll have to worry about your next log-in. By following the methods below, you may simply restore your Windows 10 or 8 laptop to factory settings.
- Go to the “Start” button and then to the “Settings” option, which is mostly on the left.
- When the “Settings” screen opens, scroll down to the “Recovery” option and choose it.
- After you’ve picked “Recovery,” go to the Reset this PC section and click “Get Started.” Select the choice and wait a fraction of a second for the blue screen to show.
- You’ll be taken to a “Choose an option” window, where you must choose “Restore factory settings.” You may also choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” but this is totally dependent on your own taste for the data on your laptop.
- Click the “Restore” option on the following page to fully reset your Asus laptop, including your log-in password. The procedure is simple, and you may immediately return to your laptop without the requirement for a pass on startup.
Using the Password Recovery Tool, restore factory settings on an Asus laptop.
Using password recovery software is another easy method for resetting an Asus laptop to factory settings. There are a variety of solutions on the market, but Windows Password Recovery is the most common. This method works on all sorts of computers, including Asus Windows 7 factory reset.
- To begin, you must first download and install this program on a different laptop.
- Run the tool after inserting an empty USB disk.
- Select the USB device on which you will upload the recovery tool from the main interface.
- Simply click “Begin Burning” in the following step, and the password reset disk will be created successfully.
- Remove the USB drive from the computer and insert it into your locked Asus laptop. Wait for the system to restart after rebooting the laptop.
- After the system has restarted, press the BIOS key and choose the USB drive from the Boot-Up priority menu. If you choose “Save and Exit,” the laptop will restart automatically.
- The laptop will boot from the disk after the restart, and the “Windows Password Recovery” utility will display. There, choose Windows and then your password-protected user account.
- Select “Reset Password” as the last step, and your laptop’s log-in password will be erased. After you’ve reset the key, click the “Reboot” button to restart the system, and you’ll be able to use your Asus laptop.
Using the Recovery Partition to Reset an Asus Laptop To Factory Settings
Make you want to learn how to do a Windows 7 factory reset on your Asus laptop? The recovery partition approach is the most convenient way to do it. Most computers come preinstalled with a recovery program, so you won’t have any trouble getting started with the following steps:
- The first step is to turn on your locked Asus laptop and hit the “F12” button repeatedly. The brand’s logo will show after a few seconds, followed by the message “Please pick boot device.”
- After selecting the USB disk, go to “Windows Boot Manager” and pick the language. Last but not least, choose “Enter Setup.”
- You’ll be taken to the Asus laptop recovery procedure, where you should tick the option that says “Recover OS to the default partition.” Then press the “Next” key.
- Select the partition where the OS will be recovered in this phase and then click the “Next” button.
- Finally, pick “Recover” to begin the procedure when the “Recover OS to Partition” box opens. This approach will allow you to access the operating system without having to input a password.
Colin Dean Dean Colin Dean Colin Dean Colin Dean Colin Dean
Dean Colin is the founder of TheBestLaptops.net, a website where he analyzes cutting-edge technology. He is an ardent reader and internet fan.
The “how to factory reset asus laptop windows 7” is a guide that teaches users how to reset their Asus laptops back to the factory settings without having to enter a password. The article will teach you how to do this on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I force my Asus laptop to factory settings?
A: Pressing the power button for 15 seconds then holding it down will force your Asus laptop to factory settings.
How do you factory reset a laptop if you dont know the password?
A: If you are unsure of the password to your laptop, sometimes if holding down power button for ten seconds will do a factory reset.
How do I restore my ASUS computer to factory settings?
A: If you are unable to restore your computer back to factory settings, it may be due to hardware failure. In this situation, you would need a repair technician who has the ability of restoring ASUS computers back to its original state.
- how to factory reset asus laptop windows 10 without password
- factory reset asus laptop f9 not working
- how to reset asus laptop to factory settings without password windows 8
- how to factory reset asus laptop from bios
- how to factory reset asus laptop windows 8