I’m just a simple PC user with no technical knowledge, who is taught to do only one thing: restart the computer. I also use Windows 10 and had some problems recently that made me want to try these fixes myself.
I am not sure whether any of them worked for me, but I hope it helped? If you are having issues as well, please let us know which method or fix did not work so we can help more people!
If you have recently installed Windows 10 and your computer has restarted unexpectedly, try these fixes.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Users have reported having errors when installing or upgrading Windows. The computer abruptly rebooted or displayed an unexpected problem message on their monitor.
- One quick cure for the problem is to reset your BIOS settings.
- Alternatively, you might get caught in the loop owing to an issue with the hard drive connection.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
If you’ve finally decided to get on the Windows 11 bandwagon, you could run into some issues, such as the machine restarting suddenly or encountering an unexpected error.
This issue may arise in rare cases when you use a recovery CD to restore your Windows PC to its default setup, which is not advised.
You’ve come to the correct location, where you’ll discover all of the answers to your installation problems. Following our answer to one of the most frequently asked concerns concerning Windows 11 requirements, you may finish your update in a safe way by following the procedures outlined below.
Is Windows 11 incompatible with my computer?
The minimal system requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC are shown below. If your device does not satisfy these criteria, you may be unable to install it, and you should consider acquiring a new computer that is Windows 11 compatible.
Microsoft published the specs, features, and system requirements for Microsoft Windows 11 on its official website:
- 1 GHz or faster processor with 2 or more cores
- Minimum system memory is 4 GB.
- Minimum storage: 64 GB
- UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is the system firmware.
- TPM 2.0 is necessary for security, as is UEFI Secure Boot.
- Display: 9-inch diagonal minimum, 720p resolution, 8 bits per color channel
- DirectX 12 API, WDDM 2.0 graphics
- Bluetooth (unless for desktop PCs), Wi-Fi, or Ethernet connection
- Precision Touchpad as a Digitizer (if touchpad is present)
- Hardware buttons are necessary, including the power button and volume up and down buttons.
- USB ports (at least one) are necessary, as is video output.
However, keep in mind that these are the very minimum requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC. Take a look at our page on Windows 11 specs and requirements to learn about the rest of the details.
What should I do if my Windows 11 PC abruptly restarts?
Use the Registry Editor to begin.
- To enter the Run box, hit Windows key + R, then type regedit and click Enter.
- Type or paste the following command into the search bar once you’re inside the Registry Editor window: ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMSetupStatusChildCompletion
- Change the Value data from 1 to 3 in the setup.exe file from the right panel, then click OK to save the adjustments.
Restart your computer after closing the Registry Editor window. The problem should now be resolved.
2. Examine the cords that connect your hard drive.
Users may get stranded. Due to hard disk cable issues, the computer rebooted suddenly or entered an unexpected error loop.
Some individuals have claimed that just changing the cables that link the hard drive to the motherboard cured the problem, so you may want to try that.
If you open up your computer casing, you may void your warranty; thus, if your PC is still protected by it, it may be wiser to take it to an approved repair shop.
3. Unplug all of your USB gadgets.
The majority of us have USB devices attached to our computers; unfortunately, these devices may sometimes clash with Windows, resulting in The machine rebooted suddenly or encountered an unexpected issue.
Many customers said that unplugging their USB devices from their computers fixed the issue. Before trying to utilize any devices attached to your PC (including flash drives, printers, your keyboard, and mouse), just disconnect them and rejoin them.
If your OS has issues detecting the devices when you put them back in, you should read our post on how to solve Windows 11 not recognizing USB devices.
4. Clean up your hard disk.
- To launch the Command prompt window, click the search button and type cmd, then input the following commands one by one, clicking Enter after each: Volume 1 format is selected from the Diskpart list of volumes. quick label=test fs=ntfs
- Choose the disk on which the Windows operating system is installed.
- Enter the following command (or paste it in): exit
Windows 11 should be reinstalled when you restart your machine. Check out the linked page for a step-by-step explanation on how to install Windows 11.
5. Make a BIOS update.
The first step is to go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website, such as Dell’s official page, and then look for the Downloads or Support page for the motherboard model you want to buy.
Users of HP PCs who have said that they have received If your computer has suddenly restarted or has met an unexpected fault, go to the official HP website for further information on how to fix it.
In a similar vein, we recommend that Lenovo customers get drivers and software updates from the company’s official website.
Before proceeding, download the version of the program you want to update and store it to your computer’s hard disk. Unless you have a compelling need for an earlier version, you should always select the most recent version presently available on the market.
Your download will almost probably be in the form of an archive, most often in the form of a ZIP file. After you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to unzip it by right-clicking on it and choosing Extract all files from the drop-down menu.
The motherboard will determine whatever flashing tool you choose. There are many different kinds of such devices available. The readme file included with the firmware update will walk you through the process of determining which choice is best for you.
Copy the documents to a USB flash drive and restart your computer as soon as the package is unzipped. After that, go to the BIOS panel and choose the BIOS update option.
See our tutorial on how to update your BIOS for more details, which includes step-by-step instructions and processes.
Is it possible to install Windows 11 without TPM?
The TPM 2.0 requirement in Windows 11 is not as stringent as it looks at first sight. Of course, Microsoft recommends that you update to the OS only if you already have a device with that piece of security hardware, but you are not needed to do so in order to make the move.
In truth, Microsoft has made a number of workarounds accessible to the public to enable PCs without TPM 2.0 to complete the transition, but it’s unclear how long it will be until the company reconsiders its decision to leave those loopholes open permanently.
Bypassing the TPM 2.0 is possible via a variety of methods, including altering your registry. For more information, see our tutorial on how to install Windows 11 without the Trusted Platform Module.
Take a look at our post on how to solve the machine restarted abruptly Windows 10 problem for additional information and possible remedies that may be applied to your Windows 11 PC as well.
Alternatively, see our guide on how to repair unexpected restart difficulties with Windows 11 for more information on how to prevent future issues.
In the comments box below, please let us know which strategy worked best for you. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
If you are experiencing the “the computer restarted unexpectedly loop windows 10 bootcamp“, there are a few fixes that you can try. The first is to make sure your PC is up-to-date with Windows updates. Then, if that doesn’t work, it might be time to reinstall your operating system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when it says the computer restarted unexpectedly?
A: This can be caused by many things, such as power surge or a bad hard drive. If the computer says it restarted unexpectedly without any error codes, try to check your RAM for errors in case of memory failure.
How do you fix Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation?
How do I fix Windows installation errors?
A: I am Windows. If you have any problems with your computer, I can help!
- the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows 10 lenovo
- the computer restarted unexpectedly loop windows 10 fresh install reddit
- the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows 10 hp
- sccm the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error
- to install windows on this computer, restart the installation